As a small business owner, you may be looking for ways to efficiently manage your assets and resources without breaking the bank. Owning and operating several company vehicles is a considerable expense, and can quickly create headaches without an organized system in place.
Why is fleet management so demanding for small businesses?
As a small to medium business owner you likely have a diverse range of tasks and duties to carry out on any given day. In the midst of juggling all these roles and responsibilities, it can be easy for details to get overlooked.
For instance, having to keep track of your vehicles and valuable assets without the right tools and procedures can be extremely time consuming and ineffective. Manually monitoring these items is no longer practical due to the significant advancements in fleet management software.
TELUS Fleet Complete Services
There are several exceptional services and features that TELUS fleet management software can offer to improve business operations and client relations.
Three of the most widely used features are:
- TELUS Fleet Tracker
- TELUS Asset Tracker
- TELUS Task Tracker
TELUS Fleet Tracker
This incredibly useful service is designed to help businesses monitor their fleet of vehicles to ensure safety and efficiency.
The Fleet Tracker can help you:
- Monitor, assess, and eliminate poor driving habits that increase risk and expenses
- Speeding increases fuel costs and consumption as well as expensive speeding tickets
- Excessive idling contributes to unnecessary waste of fuel
- Quick stops and starts are hard on the components and fuel costs
- Sharp turns compromise driver safety and promote uneven tire wear
- Careless driving practices increase risk of accident, injury, and vehicle damage
- Keep track of all vehicle locations in real time
- Generate reports on vehicle status to schedule required maintenance
- Keep drivers connected with mobile wireless internet
TELUS Asset Tracker
Does your company have other valuable assets to monitor besides vehicles? That is where the Asset Tracker comes in handy. It is great for keeping track of a variety of business items that may be mostly stationary, or are being shipped to another location.
The Asset Tracker:
- Monitors important assets in real time
- Great for items like equipment, tools, machinery, cargo, shipments in transit
- Uses a GPS tracking device with a rechargeable battery
- Durable battery can last up to 3 years on a single charge
- Motion sensors provide alerts for unauthorized use or movement
TELUS Task Tracker
This service provides an ideal way to monitor employee actions and locations. The Task Tracker can:
- Electronically log driving hours and availability
- Facilitate matching the best driver and vehicle for the job
- Enhances communication between dispatch and drivers
- Easily generate required reports for roadside inspection
TELUS Fleet Management Benefits for Small Businesses
Small business owners may be hesitant to implement a fleet management system due to the upfront costs. However, the increased efficiency and significant cost savings can provide an excellent Return on Investment (ROI).
Some of the major advantages include:
- Process automation
- Reduced operating costs
- Improved workflow
- Electronic inspection
- Measurable reports
A huge time saver that contributes to achieving consistent results is the ability to automate repetitive processes. Manual data entry is a prime example. GPS tracking devices automatically collect useful data about a range of aspects of vehicle health, driver behaviors, and operating costs so you don’t have to.
This really helps to cut out superfluous costs and avoid costly repairs and replacements.
Reduced Operating Costs
All this applicable data can be used to streamline operations and take better control of your expenses. This automatically generated data can provide a detailed assessment of the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for your fleet. Fleet management software greatly reduces the margin of error when calculating total operating costs. It also provides helpful insights into which expenses are being unnecessarily inflated, to improve your bottom line.
Better communication means better performance and execution of tasks. Dispatchers will always have total visibility into which drivers are available, and which vehicles are ready for deployment.
TELUS Fleet Management can also be used to set up a preventative maintenance schedule to limit downtime and keep vehicles in peak working order.
Commercial vehicles must undergo regular inspections to ensure they are safe and compliant with industry standards. TELUS Fleet Tracker makes use of a mobile app to perform electronic vehicle inspections and generate applicable reports.
One of the best ways to ensure you are getting the desired ROI from your fleet management platform is to generate measurable reports on the results.
Reports can be generated based on a wide array of metrics to provide relevant insights. These configurable reports can help save a lot of time and effort determining what is working for your fleet management system and what is not.